The Campus Club Coordinator (CCC) is responsible for the chartering and supervision of all official Citadel clubs and organizations. These clubs and organizations not only allow cadets to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, they are an important part of The Citadel’s leader development process.
Cadets interested in chartering a club on the Citadel campus should be familiar with The White Book, Chapter 4, Section 1 and must complete and electronically submit the appropriate forms found at the links below. An organization that does not submit the requested forms in full by the deadline will not be recognized as an official Citadel club and will not be allowed to raise funds or hold meetings as an official club until the following charter period.
Should you have any questions contact the CCC, Shelton Milner at (843)953-4875.
Link to White Book, Chapter 4 - Please review chapter 4 text for guidance regarding campus clubs, organizations, activities, and class officers.
Club Sports Information - The club sports program provides structure for student-run competitive sport teams not governed by the NCAA or Southern Conference and other sports-related activities that may not be fully supported by the academics of the Department of Health and Human Performance or events of Citadel Intramurals.
- Club Fund Raising Permission Form - All club fund raising activities, on campus or off, must be reviewed and approved by completing and submitting this request form. The fund raising request requires signatures from the club advisor, the building manager where the event is to take place, and from a Sodexo representative when food or beverage items are being sold or served as part of the fund raising event.
- Club Advisor Handbook, as of 3/21/2022
FORMS AND LINKS
In order to form a club, a Request for Club Charter must be filled out completely and submitted by 1 October 2021.
Fillable pdf Request for Club Charter- Complete this form and save to your computer. Submit a copy of saved document to the CCC at Milners@citadel.edu.
Mandatory Advisor Training - In accordance with employee agreements, all club and organization advisors are required to complete Clery Act (CA), and Title IX (TIX) trainings. Trainings must be up to date for the new academic year. Per Citadel policy, Clery Act and Title IX trainings must be renewed annually. The Department of Cadet Activities and Human Resources track the completion of required training for Citadel employee club advisors as well as non-Citadel club advisors who lead any club/organization where cadets are involved.
* * * Completion dates for the two advisor training requirements are to be included on the charter form in order for a club to be considered "active." * * *
- Volunteer Form, Ethical Principles Form - For clubs with non-Citadel employee advisors, this form must be completed and submitted along with the charter submission. Volunteer advisors must complete, Clery Act, and Title IX trainings in order to work with cadet organizations. Go to the PageUp Learning Management System to complete the training.
Non-Citadel advisors need to contact HR to get access to the training site.
Per Citadel policy, Title IX and Clery trainings must be renewed annually, and D2L renewal is required every five years. The Department of Cadet Activities tracks the completion of required training for volunteers serving in the capacity of club advisor.
- Leadership Development Evaluation Reports:
--Annual Leadership Development Report - Club Leader Assessment Form for club officer evaluation and feedback to be provided to TAC officers for visibility of leadership development via club pursuits and activities.
--Leadership SPOT Report - Club Member SPOT Report Form can be used to acknowledge club members' contributions to club pursuits and activities.