Events are large, campus-wide activities and include health fairs, speakers, mock simulations and participation in National prevention campaigns.
- CHOICES Fair* is an interactive event that promotes DUI awareness. It includes thoughtful reflection about attitudes related to drinking and driving.
- Great American Smoke Out is a multi-hour event that encourages, promotes, and reinforces tobacco cessation efforts on campus. It usually includes an oral cancer screening.
- Late Night Programming* is a series of highly interactive events—usually on Friday or Saturday nights—that include food, movies and activities designed to encourage healthy and fun alternatives to bars and clubs.
- Mocktail Challenge* is a healthy competition between individuals and/or groups (e.g., company vs. company or battalion vs. battalion) to see who can make the best non-alcoholic drink. The team that develops the best non-alcoholic drink wins a pizza party and the “MOCKTAIL CUP TROPHY”!
- National Alcohol Screening Day (NASD) is an interactive health fair designed to screen for high-risk alcohol use while promoting low-risk drinking strategies.
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week (NCAAW) is a weeklong series of events, programs and activities designed to raise awareness about DUI, alcohol misuse and low-risk drinking strategies.
- Prevention Cup Challenge* is a six-week competition that focuses on [protective factors within] the following dimensions of wellness: (1) physical, (2) social, (3) emotional, (4) intellectual, (5) spiritual, and (6) career. Points are awarded to teams each week and can be used to win prizes. The team with the most points at the end of the challenge wins a free pizza party and the “PREVENTION CUP TROPHY”!
- Prevention Hunt* is a six-week competitive scavenger-hunt that focuses on a different drug class each week: (1) Depressants, (2) Stimulants, (3) Cannabinoids, (4) Designer and Synthetic Drugs, (5) Hallucinogens, (6) Prescription and OTC Drugs. Individuals or teams collect points by solving puzzles each week; points can be used to win prizes. The person or team with the most points at the end of the challenge wins a free pizza party and the “HUNTER TROPHY”!
- Quit the Spit/Trash the Ash* the Ash Event is the spring version of the “Great American Smoke Out.” It encourages, promotes, and reinforces tobacco cessation efforts on campus. It usually includes an oral cancer screening.
- Safer Break Week (SBW) is a weeklong series of events, programs and activities designed to raise awareness about DUI, alcohol misuse and low-risk drinking strategies. It occurs the week before spring break.
- The Great Jeopardy Challenge* is a friendly competition between Citadel faculty, staff, students and cadets. Contestants test their knowledge of alcohol, tobacco and other drug information. The “challenge” culminates in the “Final Jeopardy” where the top contestants compete for prizes.
- Weekend of Welcome* is an event that occurs each year during the first full weekend of classes. It includes fun, interactive, social activities that are alcohol-free.
* Events marked with an asterisk are in the development stage.