Citadel Alumni Recruiters (CARs)
"Bringing outstanding cadets through Lesesne Gate since 1973"
The Citadel Alumni Recruiting (CAR) program was founded in 1973 as a means of leveraging The Citadel's fervent alumni base to help recruit quality candidates. Originally titled the Cadet Procurement Program (and later the Citadel Volunteer Recruitment program), the CAR organization continues to evolve and grow with today's rapidly changing landscape. The CAR program boasts 16 State Chairs, conducts hundreds of high school visits and participates in strategically critical college fairs nationally each year. The program primarily focuses upon out-of-state students, as the Admissions Staff traditionally focuses on in-state college fairs and recruitment.
Critical CAR Activities
- College Fairs - Fall and Spring seasons.
- High School Guidance and JROTC Visits (adoptions, visits, group presentations)
- Citadel Club or independent CAR recruiting events:
(Cadet sendoff events, Accepted Student Nights, etc..)
CAR's often represent The Citadel at out of state college fairs which are local to them. Alumni generally find this as a fun way to stay connected with their alma mater as well as interact with high quality prospective students. If you are interested in possibly volunteering please click on the college fair title link! Listed below are the currently active college fair spreadsheets.
CARs seeking to represent The Citadel at area college fairs should contact their respective CAR State Chair - found under CAR Leadership. For those CARs who do not have a State Chair, please contact the CAR National Chair:
Doug Kelley ‘82
- Main purpose is building a relationship between Citadel alumni and local High Schools in their area
- Citadel alumni will meet with guidance counselors and with prospective students to answer questions about The Citadel
- If interested please click the above link!
- Citadel Club Recruiting Events - depending on the time of year (admissions cycle), candidate events hosted by Citadel Clubs are a great way to build excitement about The Citadel via our espirit de corps, and the supportive nature of our unique alumni network.
- Cadet Sendoff Events- Cadets who have made a deposit to The Citadel and plan on attending are invited to these events by registered Citadel Clubs. These events provide a great opportunity for the future cadet to meet some other students before arriving on campus. These events are more aimed at Cadet Retention, an important element of ensuring our Alma Mater's long-term success. Cadet Sendoff Registration Link.
Click link for the Manual.